THESE ARE A CUSTOM BUILT ITEM WITH A 2-4 WEEK LEAD TIME.
SPE STRIKE STAGE 2 VGT TURBO FITS 2011-2019 6.7L POWERSTROKE
After many years of modifying and repairing turbochargers we found many flaws & failure points which we have addressed and rectified in the new SPE Stage 2 Strike VGT Turbo. If you want to make power that is what this turbo was designed for. SPE did a complete redesign instead of just changing a couple parts like our competition. This includes a new turbine, turbine housing, compressor wheel, compressor housing, and even larger oil flow passages in the center section. The housing A/R (area over radius) ratios have been changed to suit the larger turbine and compressor wheel. This has all been done to provide our customers a turbo that drives like stock and can support a proven 150hp more than a maxed out stock 15+ turbo.
- Fixes all of the major design flaws in the factory GT37V turbocharger
- Drop-in style turbo
- 360 degree thrust bearing and extreme duty journal bearings
- Great replacement for the problematic, failure prone 11-14 Garrett GT32 SST
- Can support 750hp+ (with proper tuning and fuel)
- Billet 6+6 style through bore style compressor wheel
- Larger More efficient turbine and compressor wheel designs aiding in lowering EGTs
- New compressor cover design with a larger A/R ratio
- 10 Blade 6.7 specific turbine (not a 6.0 turbine) Long shaft for through bore compressor wheel, and a larger diameter shaft
- Larger A/R Turbine housing
- Cimat VSR balanced
Engineered Design. After many years of modifying and repairing turbochargers for the 15+ Powerstroke we found many flaws & failure points which we have addressed and rectified in the new SPE Strike VGT Turbo. This turbo features a one piece cast front cover unlike the OEM 2-piece cover with a press in center which often comes apart (see Figure 1). For the stage 2 we have increased the A/R ratio (area over radius) of the compressor housing by 5% to complement the new flow increase of the compressor wheels map. The turbine wheel was designed to drive the compressor wheel efficiently. The 10 blade wheel performs and sounds good doing it. We were able to achieve all this with great drivability, sound, and performance. The Stage 2 Strike is like no other.
Upgraded Bearings.The Strike VGT Turbo features SPE’s signature 360° hardened thrust bearing and our optimized journal bearings. The biggest advantage of a 360° thrust bearing is the full circle of lubrication and optimized oil path for better oil disbursement. This increases durability and longevity when compared to the factory 270° thrust bearing.
Stepped Gap Ring: Also known as the exhaust seal, the stepped gap ring is produced from a superior material with a higher nickel content and has an increased tension over the factory component. This eliminates oil leaking into the exhaust housing and keeps your turbo wheels clean and free of oil and excessive carbon deposits.
Turbine shaft. The Turbine shaft is extended length and larger diameter. Our 10 Blade wheel was engineered around the 6.7L volume. The 73mm inducer helps achieve much higher than factory power levels along with keeping back pressure in check.
Billet Compressor Wheel. Includes a 66mm billet 6 blade compressor wheel. Its a through bore design unlike the factory compressor wheel. This allows for excellent balancing and increased stability at high shaft speeds. The factory compressor wheel produces 70lb/min whereas the SPE Strike Stage 2 compressor wheel can produce up to 88 lb/min.
No Recalibration Necessary. Installation of the Strike VGT Turbo in a 2015-2019 6.7L Powerstroke will not require a recalibration of the vehicle’s computer (ECU) for operation. It is also not required on the 2011-2014 however you may experience a check engine light.
Application. The Strike VGTTurbo is specifically designed for use on 2015-2019 F250/F350/F450 (non-cab & chassis) models and 2017+ cab & chassis equipped with the 6.7L diesel engine. Please note that this turbocharger CAN be installed on the 2011-2014 F250/F350/F450 (non-cab & chassis) models and 2011-2016 cab & chassis models but the 11-14 retrokit install kit is required.
- 2011- 2019 Ford F250 (including cab & chassis)*
- 2011- 2019 Ford F350 (including cab & chassis)*
- 2011- 2019 Ford F450 (including cab & chassis)*
- 2011- 2019 Ford F550 (including cab & chassis)*
*11-14 non-cab & chassis and 11-16 cab & chassis models require the 11-14 retrofit install kit.
* MUST use 17+ Turbo Pedestal gasket, Pedestal, and coolant line when installing on 15-16 year trucks. Ford Part numbers- HC3Z6587A (Gasket), HC3Z6N639A (PEDESTAL), FC3Z9U469B (Coolant Line)